Infinitas Mini Implant Course - Leedstranslation missing: en.products.general.regular_price
Specifically for Trainee's Only
Led By | Dr Sara Hosni & Dr Charlotte Dugdale
Date | Friday 30th September 2022
Venue | Marriot Hotel, Leeds
CPD | 7 CPD Points
Cost | £275.00 + VAT
The Infinitas Mini Implant system represents a synthesis of this theoretical and practical experience, such that bone anchorage should be a simple and routine option for orthodontists and for many of your patients.
This well-established course aims to equip the delegates with the essential theoretical and practical knowledge to easily begin using mini implant anchorage in clinical scenarios. We will cover the practical aspects of mini implant techniques (treatment planning and biomechanics).
- To critically appraise the literature evidence on factors affecting mini implant success rates and clinical techniques
- To explain the benefits and clinical usage of the Infinitas Mini Implant system
- To provide practical in vitro teaching on the use of the Infinitas system
- To provide a detailed appraisal of the treatment planning and biomechanics involved in the latest buccal and palatal site usage
- Powerarm traction, both direct & indirect anchorage, molar intrusion and molar distalisation applications.
- To understand mini implant usage
- Be able to use the Infinitas Mini Implant system
- 7 hour session to receive 7 CPD points
The price includes the following:
- Typodont model with 2 mini implants to keep
- 2nd Edition of the Orthodontic Mini Implant Clinical Handbook by Dr Richard Cousley
- Handout & Reference material
- 7 hours of CPD with CPD Certificate
Infinitas Lecturing Team
Dr Charlotte Dugdale
BDS MSc (Ortho) MJDF RCSEng MOrth RCSEng FDS (Orth) RCSEng
Consultant and Specialist Orthodontist | Clinical Lecturer in Orthodontics
Mrs Charlotte Dugdale completed a degree and Masters in Chemistry in 2002 and went onto study dentistry at the University of Manchester in 2005. After several years of dental foundation training, she went onto to specialise in Orthodontics, gaining a distinction in her MSc (Clinical Orthodontics) and she was awarded the Alan Hilton Prize for her orthodontic research. Mrs Dugdale completed her consultant training in and around the North West.
Dr Sara Honsi
BDS DDSc (Orth) MFDS RCSEd MOrth RCSEd FDS (Orth) RCSEd
Consultant and Specialist Orthodontist | Honorary Lecturer in Orthodontics | Royal College of Surgeons Lady Estelle Wolfson Fellow
Sara qualified from Newcastle University in 2009. Following a variety of hospital posts in oral surgery, restorative and paediatric dentistry, Sara undertook her orthodontic specialist training in Liverpool gaining her Doctorate in Orthodontics in 2015. She presented her research at the International Orthodontic Congress and was awarded the first prize in the UTG Research Awards.
Sara completed her Post-CCST training in the North West and is currently a Consultant at Salford Royal as well as working in specialist practice in Manchester. She is an honorary clinical lecturer at Liverpool University, where she teaches on the DDSc programme.
Sara has a number of publications in peer reviewed journals and is also a reviewer for several orthodontic journals. Sara is an examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh. Recently Sara was awarded the Lady Estelle Wolfson Emerging Women Leaders fellowship at the Royal College of Surgeons.
Sara has been using TADs since 2014, when she first attended the Infinitas course. Sara uses TADs for a variety of malocclusions, using both direct and indirect anchorage, but has a special interest in their use for intrusion.