Web Designer / Developer
DB Orthodontics Ltd, a leading supplier of dental products to the UK and International dental markets, has an exciting opportunity for a full time Web Designer based in Silsden, West Yorkshire.
This is a key role where you will be responsible for creating exciting and attractive new websites for a variety of market leading dental, orthodontic and dental laboratory brands. You will be developing front and back end, therefore a flair for design is required. You will be optimising websites for both computer and mobile devices, as well as updating old ones with up to date content, monthly offers and new products to our shopify websites. You will also work as part of the social media team to create and schedule social media posts for all brands.
Permanent full time contract
We offer a rewarding opportunity, company pension scheme, 31 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays in a clean covid safe environment. Working hours are 8.45 – 17.15 Monday – Friday, Onsite parking.
Your key responsibilites and skills include:
- Design, maintain and develop DB websites.
- Web Development – developing front and back end websites.
- Optimizing websites for both computer and mobile devices.
- Optimizing system performances.
- Helping with any online marketing assisting with Mail chimps when needed.
- Increasing online traffic to sites.
- Monitoring online traffic to monitor success of sites and specific campaigns.
- To proactively research the dental market and keep up to date with trends/new ideas to contribute to keeping us ahead of the curve.
- To work as a team to create, plan and launch a variety of campaigns.
- Use Google analytics and Search engine optimization to report successes and opportunities.
- Create mobile friendly responsive designs.
- Create Mail Chimps and online email banners.
- Web hosting and email forwarding accounts.
- IT trouble shooting.
- Any other duties as necessary or directed by your line manager and senior managers/directors.
- Appreciation of UX design principles.
- Experience of container tags, click tracking and analytics.
- Highly organized with a sharp focus on attention to detail.
- Proven experience and good knowledge of PHP; HTML and CSS knowledge.
- Overall excellent web and database programming skills alongside being self-motivated and able to prioritise work requirements.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and web standards for usability.
- Enthusiasm to learn script language for web i.e. PHP, Java script.
- Understands the importance of meeting deadlines and will be able to juggle, short, mid and longterm deadlines simultaneously.
- Be trustworthy, and able to work confidentially on you own with extensive design and creativity skills.
- To adapt and change tasks depending on the needs of the business as and when required.
- To understand social media and to contribute creative ideas on content creation.
- To possess Adobe photoshop and Indesign skills, in addition to photography and moving image software skills.
- Understand SEO and google analytics.
- To be commercially minded, to be able to generate commercial ideas and be passionate about optimising the customer experience online.
- An understanding of the British Dental Industry.
- Possess the design skills and knowledge to be able to create designed content across a range of platforms using images and text.
This role provides an exciting opportunity for someone seeking an employer who will offer challenges and reward a competitive salary, benefits and development opportunities.
For further information and to apply, complete the employment application form Here